- LentPilgrim 40 daily reflections based on the Beatitudes – to run from Ash Wednesday until Palm Sunday.
- Full-colour booklet published by Church House Publishing
- App for Android and iOS, based on the award-winning 2018 #LiveLent app
- E-mail sign-up for daily content
- Social media campaign
- Daily audio content for smart speakers, in the app and on the Church of England website
- Enhanced interactive content for uses in pilot dioceses preparing for baptism/confirmation
- Explainer graphics throughout Holy Week to share the key elements in the journey to Easter Day: Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Day
- A bridge to EasterPilgrim – with weekly content shared from Church of England from Easter Day until Ascension based on the Lord’s Prayer, making it a great way to prepare for Thy Kingdom Come.
- The reflections have been written by Bishop Steven Croft, co-author of the Pilgrim Course.
Lent resources 2019
For Christians, Lent is one of the most important times of year. It is a time when we can prepare to remember Jesus' life, death and resurrection at Easter.
Traditionally, Lent is a time for fasting, when we give up something for the 40 days in order to refocus our faith.
Christians observe Lent in many ways. There are the more orthodox, who observe the fast strictly, beginning with the wearing of ashes on Ash Wednesday and abstinence of meat, fish, eggs and fats until Easter Sunday. Others choose to give up just one item for Lent such as chocolate, meat or alcohol.
Many Christians will also use Lent to study their Bibles and pray, making use of devotional books and courses. Below you will find some suggested resources which may help you during Lent.
LentPilgrim and EasterPilgrim are the Church of England’s 2019 Lent and Easter campaigns. Wherever you are, these resources should help your church mark these important seasons in the Church calendar.
The resources include:
40acts is the generosity challenge for Lent, created by UK Christian charity, Stewardship. For eight years, 40acts has asked a question: what if Lent could be about more than just giving stuff up? What if it could be a time of radical generosity as well as spiritual discipline?
Over the years, 40acts has become a movement of over 100,000 people on a mission to impact their communities with generosity – during Lent and beyond.
Love Life Live Lent is a unique booklet that helps you change the world for the better during Lent one small action at a time!
LLLL offers 40 simple choices and actions for each day of Lent to make the world a better place. In addition, each action is accompanied by a Bible verse and a short reflection from bestselling Bible teacher Paula Gooder and parish priest Peter Babington, unpacking the action and exploring what it means to be a disciple today.
This daily prayer resource has been created by the Diocesan Worship and Liturgy Committee.
The daily readings during this season are a tried and tested way of helping us along the road to Easter spiritually. The daily prayer in which these readings are set contains a dialogue of different statements and responses – of praise, of humility, of asking, of trusting