- The Follow the Star 2019 booklet offers a brand new reflection for each of the twelve days of Christmas with a short Bible passage, a simple prayer and a challenge to reflect or act differently.
- The Follow the Star 2019 leafletis designed for churches who wish to promote the campaign to large groups of people. It contains a short challenge for each day plus QR codes linking to the full reflections on the Follow the Star app.
CofE Advent and Christmas Resources
Follow the Star invites you to experience the wonder and excitement of the Wise Men’s journey as they travel towards Jesus.
This year, building on the 2018, there are two key resources available, each designed for churches to give away at Christmas services and events:
Both the booklet and leaflet are supported by additional free digital materials, including suggested activities for families based on each day's theme.
1. Update your A Church Near You pages with your Advent and Christmas services and events (Click here to learn about how to do this through a webinar on 3 December 12.30 - 13.30) Last year ACNY received 1.6million visits!
2. Display a star on your church building. Post a photo of this on social media tagged #followthestar or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org to be shared
3. Order the #FollowTheStar: Twelve days of wonder booklets to distribute
4. Encourage people to download the app with its reflections for Epiphany
5. Use the new Christmas videos and brand-new customisable video tool to help your church promote its services and events
6. Sing the new 'We Three Kings' carol in your Christmas services
Download the App in your relevant app store (After Epiphany the app will auto-update to be the #EverydayFaith app and then the Lent reflections app.)