A range of events linked to our support of Dementia Friendly Church are running this November:
- A training event for people thinking of working with people with dementia in Lockleaze on 7th November run by Bristol Dementia Action Alliance.
- Anna Chaplaincy training day organised by the Muller Foundation on 13th November here: https://www.mullers.org/equip
- Playlist for Life training day on 26th November https://www.playlistforlife.org.uk/Event/help-point-training-bristol-26th-november-2019
- A Diocesan Service celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Alzheimers Society at All Saints Clifton has sadly been cancelled.
The Dementia Friendly Church pack can be downloaded here and provides a number of resources which it is hoped that churches will find helpful in their journey towards becoming more dementia-friendly. Within the pack you will find:
- A self-review toolkit designed to help church reflect on how dementia-friendly they are and what areas of church life they might develop in order to become more so;
- A brief summary sheet about signs of dementia and how to respond to them designed to work as a quick reference point for people;
- A list of both regional and national contacts of organisations and resources concerned with promoting dementia friendly churches;
- A Dementia Action Alliance Membership form for those who would like to become aware and link up with similar initiatives addressing the needs of those living with dementia.