A month ago today, around 80 people gathered at St Michaels in Stoke Gifford to discuss funding options for their church projects. This Connect Session brought together parishes and church fundraising experts to talk through their projects, hear presentations from the National Church of England Funding Officer, and receive top tips from two parishes who have got the t-shirt and come through the other side of their church projects. And, importantly, it was a chance to make connections with others in the same boat. There was a real buzz of conversation in the room, and we could have easily filled a whole day!
In the past month, the team of facilitators have been busy answering questions raised on the night, and their answers to these commonly asked questions can be read here.
Also, below are links to some of the resources that were available at the event:
- 12 funding guides & accompanying materials
- The big Charitable Grants for Churches funders list
- How to... Fundraise for your project
- How to... Encourage legacy giving
- The Diocesan web pages on funding and stewardship
- Advice on running Friends Schemes
- Giving in Grace stewardship resource
- Giving for Life materials for PCC discussions
- And Penny Hallets book A guide to Fun Ways to fundraise for your community, church or charity
If youd be interested in setting up a meeting to discuss your church project, or be kept in the loop about any similar events in future, please contact Clare Fussell at firstname.lastname@example.org.