Churches and church halls are managed by the local PCC.
Before making any alterations or repairs to the church, parishes need to contact the DAC (Diocesan Advisory Committee). The DAC can also offer advice on any buildings related issues and has issued many advice documents which can be downloaded below.
- Find out more about the DAC, what it does and how it can help you and your parish.
- Contact the DAC.
- Find out more about accessibility
- Information about residential property for clergy, glebe (eg diocesan land), and parish buildings (eg the hall).
- Current Public Notices.
Making an application
All applications for faculties are made through the online system at facultyonline.churchofengland.org
Before making an application please refer to the following guidance as well as the guidance downloads further below:
Applications for Faculties
Matters not requiring faculty from Jan 2016 - Lists A & B
Agenda deadline: 4 Jan
Agenda deadline: 5 Jun
Agenda deadline: 6 Feb
Agenda deadline: 3 Jul
Agenda deadline: 6 Mar
Agenda deadline: 4 Sep
Agenda deadline: 27 Mar
Agenda deadline: 2 Oct
Agenda deadline: 1 May
Agenda deadline: 6 Nov
NB. Applications submitted after the agenda deadline will be held over to the following meeting
Guidance from the DAC
- Applications for Faculties
- Appointment of a new church Architect
- Archaeology and churches
- Asbestos in churches
- Bells – law and public relation
- CCTV systems in churches
- Churchyard regulation
- Burial of cremated remain
- Health and safety around gravestones, tombs and memorial
- Clocks and their car
- Electrical wiring in churche
- Memorials, plaques and tablet
- Mobile phone aerials
- Quinquennial inspections – a parish guide
- Reordering your church
- Textiles – care and protection
- Trees in churchyards
- Memorial application form