Church buildings

Churches and church halls are managed by the local PCC.

Before making any alterations or repairs to the church, parishes need to contact the DAC (Diocesan Advisory Committee). The DAC can also offer advice on any buildings related issues and has issued many advice documents which can be downloaded below.

Making an application

All applications for faculties are made through the online system at

Before making an application please refer to the following guidance as well as the guidance downloads further below:
Applications for Faculties
Matters not requiring faculty from Jan 2016 - Lists A & B

Articles worth reading

'Changing Churches' by John Trustcott, first published in Maintenance & Equipment News for Churches and Schools Spring 2019 issue celebrating its 60th anniversary year of publishing.