Safeguarding concern

Take action

If you are concerned for the safety or well-being of a child or vulnerable adult you may wish to contact the relevant authorities. 

If you have an emergency, call the Police on 999.
If it isn’t an emergency but you need help fast, call the Police on 101.

If you aren’t sure what to do, contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team (0117 9060100). If you need to obtain advice out of hours and it is not a matter that you need to discuss with the police the Churches Child Protection Advice Service provide a Helpline 0303 003 11 11 (please ensure that you tell them that you are calling from the Diocese of Bristol).

If you are unsure whether you can share information or not here is an information sharing flowchart which will help you decide:

Information Sharing Flowchart

Below is a flowchart that can help guide you through the process of alerting the relevant authorities to your concern. 

Secure Email

The Diocesan Safeguarding Team now have a facility to send and receive secure emails. If you need to send information securely via email contact Adam Bond at

What to do

A flowchart describing the process for alerting the relevant authorities to allegations of abuse.

How to respond to allegations

Allegations Management Policy

NSPCC Underwear Rule – keeping deaf children safe from abuse

What to do if you need to report abuse and are hearing impaired. We do not have faciltiies for text communication but can receive emails at