- Understand Higher Education and the demands of a modern academic environment.
- Articulate a contemporary vision for Faith and Spirituality that accords with our strategies.
- Contribute to building an inclusive and cohesive student community in our diverse context.
- Be pastorally equipped to meet complex needs and respond appropriately in times of crisis.
- Bring expertise and wisdom to a Multifaith environment that welcomes users of all faiths and none.
- Share the mission of the Diocese of Bristol to create connections and engage younger generations.
The Diocese of Bristol and the University of the West of England seek to appoint a
to lead UWE Bristol’s Faith and Spirituality provision
Our new colleague should:
This fulltime role (35 hours per week) is open to lay and ordained candidates of the Church of England, (or a Church in communion with it, or a Church whose orders it recognises), who have appropriate qualifications, training and experience. The Co-ordinating Chaplain will be employed by the Bristol Diocesan Board of Finance, and will maintain close links with the Dean of Bristol who will support them in their role. A partnership agreement sets out the terms of the relationship between the Diocese and the University regarding this appointment.
Enhanced DBS required.
Salary: £37,137 per annum.
For further information about this post, please contact Rachel Cowie, Director of Student & Academic Services on Rachel.Cowie@uwe.ac.uk or Denise Channing, HR Manager on email@example.com.
Closing Date: 4 March 2018.