Training, consultancy and support
Support for schools in the Diocese of Bristol and for parish partners who support their schools is available through a variety of routes.
- Through a varied menu of courses to support New Headteachers or Aspiring Headteachers, Governors, RE (Including Understanding Christianity) and CW training and Ethos Development.
- Religious Education support can be accessed through local authority Hub meetings, SACRE conferences and LTLRE conferences and Hub meetings.
- We can also offer bespoke in school support in a range of areas.
This is offered by our well equipped and experienced Schools Advisers:
- Katy Staples has been working for the Diocese for 8 years and before that was a Secondary School RE and Humanities leader in both London and North Somerset for 23 years
- Adam Robertson has only been working for the Diocese of Bristol since March 2017 and is still working at Horfield CofE Primary School as a year 5 teacher for 3 days a week.
INSET training: either focussing on one, or a combination of these subjects:
|1 day or ½ day||£350 per day per trainer. £250 ½ day per trainer|
|Twilight session: an after school shorter version of the above focussing on up to two of the subjects above.||2 hours||£200 per trainer|
|Staff meeting: bespoke session tailored to your schools’ needs focussing on one of the subjects above.||1 hour||£125 per trainer|
Support visit: A chance for your school to take stock of where it is in terms of RE, and develop an Action Plan for improving.Activity could include:
|½ day||£250 ½ day per trainer|
‘RE surgery’: support for planning high quality RE Adviser works one-to-one with teaching staff to develop medium term planning based on an enquiry model.
Access to best practice and inspiring ideas!
|½ day – 1 day||£350 one day per trainer. £250 ½ day per trainer|
‘Intensive Diagnostic’: for RE/Spiritual development/SMSC/British Values
|3 days equivalent||£1000 for full suite of activity|
09 March 2019 In: Training
Seeking to inspire people in churches with new ideas of how you might get involved ...See all events