Holy Week for Children and Youth
Some excellent multi-media resources for Holy Week.
- 8 short, animations from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday for older children or young adults. These are produced by SGM Lifewords, a creative agency working so that the Bible's life words are seen, heard, and experienced as a positive contribution to our lives. They can be viewed online or downloaded to view on QuickTime.
Easter Countdown Calendar
- a different thought-provoking video from the Damaris Trust for each day of Holy Week for young adults.
CBeebies' "Let's Celebrate!"
- a short, simple, captivating video for your children’s group. Some developing artwork and a child narrator tell the resurrection story.
Stations of the Cross
- an all age worship resource from Yvonne Morris, Children’s Adviser at the Diocese of Oxford. The interactive stations can easily be set up around your church as part of a service. Leader's sheet -
- as ever, excellent plans, activities and songs based on the lectionary readings for Sunday schools. Written by Jane Tibbs, Children's Adviser at Bath & Wells diocese.
...and if you're still after inspiration, here's a wealth of ideas from the Children's Ministry website. Lori Haynes Niles has put together eleven pages of activities and reflections from making banners to holding a seder meal for Passover on Maundy Thursday.