Inspire Conference 2019
The Inspire Conference in March 2019 explored different ways that people in churches can support children and young people in schools.
More than 150 people attended the event at Sheldon School, Chippenham, to think about how they might get involved by being a blessing and show the love of God in local schools.
On this page, you'll have access to various resources that were shared on the day, to help as you consider how your congregation might connect with schools and colleges in your parish.
- Keynote speech by David Howell, Chairman of Trustees at YFC Swindon (Presentation slides can be downloaded here)
- Find out about contacting your local church-school/college support mentor
- Spiritual Development presentation slides
- Understanding Christianity presentation slides
- Working with schools presentation slides
- Practical ideas for class worship
- Diocesan Funding Guide 2018
- Fundraising template
- Additional funding ideas for church/school partnerships
- Ideas for lunch clubs and after school clubs
- Godly Play flyer
- Bread reflection
- Bread reflection - Teachers' script
- Additional links
There is Safeguarding Training running at Hillside House on Monday 29 April for any church volunteers who help in schools.
This course is to provide church volunteers who are helping in schools with the basic safeguarding information they need. The course will cover:
- What safeguarding is
- What is a cause for concern
- How to report concerns
- Safe working practices and boundaries
- What you need to find our in your setting
You can sign up for the course on our Eventbrite page.