Help! I'm a new RE Subject Leader
This course is aimed at anyone who has been newly recruited to the role of RE Subject Leader and anyone who would like to refresh their understanding of the role.
- an understanding of the aims and purposes of Religious Education
- a basic understanding of the central beliefs of the 6 world faiths (and non-religious world views);
- the skills to be able to judge RE teaching and learning using Ofsted (and SIAMS) criteria;
- be able to develop realistic models for assessment and monitoring progress in RE and b able to identify key issues arising from pupil work books
- know how make positive changes - audit current provision and make a realistic action plan